Students majoring in the sciences at PC are engaged in research experiences with faculty who are working to expand the frontiers of our knowledge across disciplines, from molecular biology to bio-social complex adaptive systems.
Here are a few opportunities we offer:
- Conduct primary research with faculty members (see research lab websites for more information).
- Complete the field study requirement in Tropical Biology or Tropical Medicine at the Organization for Tropical Studies in Costa Rica or South Africa.
- BIO 450: Internship.
- Participate in a Biomedicine program at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- Gain access to numerous domestic and international summer research programs in biomedical or organismal programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
- Benefit from the College’s membership in the Council on Undergraduate Research
- Present research with faculty members at national and international professional meetings
- Qualify for membership in prestigious honor societies, such as Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)