Research & Engaged Learning
Students majoring in the sciences at PC are engaged in research experiences with faculty who are working to expand the frontiers of our knowledge across disciplines, from molecular biology, to ecology, to bio-social complex adaptive systems. Learn more below!
Opportunities we offer:
- Conduct primary research with faculty members (see lab websites to the left for more information)
- Participate in paid summer research fellowships through Providence College’s Summer Undergraduate Research Program and other departmental programs
- Complete the field study requirement in Tropical Biology or Tropical Medicine at the Organization for Tropical Studies in Costa Rica or South Africa
- Explore practical applications of biology and career options in BIO 450: Internship
- Participate in a Biomedicine program at the Danish Institute for Study Abroad
- Gain access to numerous domestic and international summer research programs in biomedical or organismal programs sponsored by the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health
- Benefit from the College’s membership in the Council on Undergraduate Research
- Present research with faculty members at national and international professional meetings
- Qualify for membership in prestigious honor societies, such as Sigma Xi (The Scientific Research Society)
Student Research Highlights
More student research highlights like this one on Providence College’s YouTube channel.