Our students can receive credits and/or a stipend to explore the practical applications of their degree both during the school year and in the summer.
This 3-credit elective offers junior or senior biology majors the opportunity to independently explore practical applications of biological principles in the work place.
The internship is designed to provide students the opportunity to:
- Explore biology related career opportunities
- Receive training and supervision in these career related activities
- Examine the relationship between the study of biological sciences as an academic pursuit and the application of biological scholarship to the solution of biological problem
The student must be a junior or senior biology major in good academic standing.
Upon completion of the internship, the student will be awarded three credits, Pass/Fail. The three credits may count toward the Biology electives as long as any other internship OR research credits have not already be used as biology electives, i.e., only 3 credits of internship or research count toward the biology program.
For more information, please visit the Chirico Career Center website. All students participating in academic year, credit-bearing internships are required to complete and submit the Learning Agreement for Internships and Field Experiences. The Learning Agreement offers a description of the internship and outlines responsibilities and requirements. You will complete this form in consultation with your Faculty and Site Supervisors.
More info coming soon!
Summer internship opportunities (both internal and external) are advertised via email and on Handshake.
Organizations our students have worked with
- Mystic Aquarium (Mystic, CT)
- RI Department of Environmental Management, Division of Fish & Wildlife (Kingston, RI)
- Westerly Land Trust (Westerly, RI)
- Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution (Falmouth, MA)